The Fashion Capital
Welcome to Milan
The Duomo of Milan, the happy hour in Milan, the shopping in Milan, Milan and the international trade fairs. Milan, the fashion capital, the Italian economic and financial center.
Milan offers a lot of things to do and it boasts several places to visit. So, do not be fooled by appearances and go out from clichés!
A lot of people believe they know all about Milan, but being one of those places that change continuously, Milan keeps offering something new, special, fascinating and unique to discover. Milan is like “a little New York” - Made in Italy of course - where everyone finds a wide range of things to see and do in order to suit your own preferences and lifestyle.
What's in the guide?
- Tourist Information
- Things to do
- Things to see
- Ebook local food
- Local tips and experiences
Information about the city of Milan
Malpensa International Airport, Linate Airport and Orio Al Serio Airport are the 3 reference points for Milan flights. Malpensa Airports is located in the province of Varese at about 50 km from the city centre of Milan. It is one of the two main international airports of Italy (the other one is the Airport of Rome) serving airlines and flights from all around the world. In the east side of Milan outskirt, at less than 10 km from the city centre, there is the Airport of Linate ‘Enrico Forlanini’. It is mostly used for domestic and European flights. Last but not least, it is the International Orio al Serio Airport located in Bergamo. it serves the low-cost traffic not only of Milan, but it is also the most important low-cost airport in Italy. All the Milan airports guarantee several services (public and private) to reach Milan city center.
All the relevant places to see in Milan can be reached by bus and by subway. Furthermore, some areas are perfect to enjoy on foot. Except the car, these are definitively the best ways to get around Milan.
Are you looking for a typical experience in Milan? Take a look to the best activities to do in Milan, unique experiences suggested by the Local Friends of Guide Me Right.
Milan would not be the same without...
- Milan Cathedral and the ‘Madonnina’
- The Navigli
- The shopping streets
- San Siro Stadium
Not-to-be-missed in Milan
- Having a stroll in Brera
- Aperitivo time
- Salone del Mobile (international fair of furnishing sector)
- The Last Supper
Museums in Milan
- The Leonardo da Vinci National Science and Technology Museum
- Milan's Sforza castle
- The Triennale di Milano museum
Milan is packed with things to do throughout the year.
Exhibitions, concerts and all the local activities never go on holiday and every month that you will spent in the capital of northern Italy will be thrilling and exciting.
Among the list of what to do in Milan, a special place must be dedicated to its typical cuisine: risotto with saffron, the famous " Milanese cutlets ", the typical winter dish “cassoeula” and, as dessert, the panettone cake, one of the Christmas symbols in Italy.
Something that maybe you didn't know about Milano...
- At the Monumental Cemetery of Milan, actually an open air museum that we suggest to visit, you can poi-in to say hello to famous Italian people such as A. Manzoni, FT Marinetti, S. Quasimodo.
- The Milan Cathedral is the 4th-largest Catholic Church in the world.
- At the little church San Bernardino alle Ossa you can admire one of the most fascinating and macabre 'decorations' in the world: whole walls covered with human bones.
- During your visit at the Galleria Vittoria Emanuele, one of the world's oldest shopping malls, do not forget to spin your heels in the famous bull’s testicles, part of a floor mosaic it’s said to bring good luck.
10 things to do in Milan
10 things to see in Milan
Discover authentic experiences in Milan with a local
Get the full guide of Milan powered by the Guide Me Right community